- iOS 8 said to focus on mapping, transit and augmented reality 22 hours ago The Apple Blog
Apple wants to provide a better mapping experience than Google in the next version of its mobile operating system.
- Apple reportedly increases discounts for its secret loyalty program 23 hours ago The Apple Blog
Apple is providing greater discounts to customers who spend $5,000 or more per year, according to a report.
- iTunes Festival SXSW Runs March 11-15 2 days ago Apple Hot News
The iTunes Festival SXSW kicks off Tuesday in Austin, Texas, with performances by Coldplay and Imagine Dragons. The Festival runs through Saturday and also features Pitbull, Keith Urban, Kendrick Lamar, Soundgarden, Willie Nelson, and more. Catch all five nights of the iTunes Festival for free as a live or on-demand stream in the iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. Watch the performances on Apple TV or download the iTunes Festival app. And gear up for the shows by listening to the iTunes Festival at SXSW Artists station on iTunes Radio.
- Apple releases iOS 7.1 with CarPlay support, UI changes, bug fixes 2 days ago The Apple Blog
Apple?s latest iOS update finally introduces CarPlay support, fixes a bug that caused devices to crash, and brings along some nice UI tweaks.
- Apple reportedly sticking with Samsung for A8 chip production 2 days ago The Apple Blog
Samsung is set to manufacture the A8 processor for Apple?s upcoming smartphones and tablets, according to a report.
- 10 things your iPad can do with a little extra help 4 days ago The Apple Blog
On its own, the iPad is capable of accomplishing a great number of day to day tasks. With a little help from an add-on accessory it can do quite a bit more.
- Secret reportedly raises nearly $10M from Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins 4 days ago The Apple Blog
The anonymous sharing iOS app Secret has raised close to $10 million from Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in a round valuing it at over $40 million, according to a Wall Street Journal report citing unidentified sources. The company had previously raised $1.2 million […]
- CNN: Can Apple Help Make Hearing Aids Cool? 5 days ago Apple Hot News
Apple and Danish company GN ReSound have teamed up to introduce a hearing aid that?s compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, reports CNN.com. The LiNX hearing aid works with the accessibility options in iOS 7, letting users control it right from their Apple device. Doctors are hoping the high-tech factor will take some of the stigma out of seeking help for hearing loss. ?The association with Apple is going to make a great difference in getting people in the door in the first place,? audiologist Dr. Ken Smith says.
- Hotspot 2.0 inches its way into public Wi-Fi networks 5 days ago The Apple Blog
Two years after being promised seamless connections to public Wi-Fi networks, my iPhone made its first Hotspot 2.0 handshake. It's a long time coming, but carriers and wireless ISPs are finally starting to deploy the technology.
- OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 beta introduces retina display scaling for 4k monitors 5 days ago The Apple Blog
Now that 4k monitors are hitting the market, it might be time for OS X to support scaling on these high-resolution displays. If the beta of OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 is in any indication, the feature should be coming very soon.